Effective online collaboration tools to elevate your Work From Home experience!
Working from home may be a dream of many as they do not need to wake up early, stuck in the heavy traffic, or face the rush hour crowd. However, many companies are struggling to prepare for a sudden change in the current pandemic situation leading to disruption in communication within the team.
The FinLab helps curate tech solutions from around the globe to increase efficiency and productivity in teamwork and coordination. These solutions help support users in the field of Communication, Video Conferencing, Project Management, Storage and File Sharing, and Automation.
Collaboration Tool for Communication
Slack is an application that binds together all your team communications into one place. The users can share or exchange information messages, links, images, and videos.
- Slack offers both separate one-on-one and group messaging in the form of ‘channel’. At the same time, you can use ‘hashtags’ as a key function to organize projects and other topics to keep everyone in the loop
- Support and sync with recent files from Google Docs and Dropbox to keep everyone updated from different platform.
Discord is a platform to communicate over voice, video, text, and users can send files to one another.
- No installation needed so users can access directly through the web browser by just clicking on the invitation sent by your friend and set up a username.
- Be able to use real time voice communication via ‘Voice over IP’
Telegram is a free communication tool that is supported across different platforms and devices.
- Cloud-based messaging service that allows you to access your messages from multiple devices
- Free with no ads, subscription fee and no limit on the size of the media and chats
- Ability to support group of up to 200,000 members
Collaboration Tool for meeting
Zoom Meeting is a tool used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. It can support over 50 attendees per meeting with screen recording function.
- Useful interactive features for teleconferencing and online courses such as “raise hand” feature to the host or panelists similar to how you would raise your hands for questions in classes or meetings.
Microsoft Teams is an application to set up meeting and bring people together similar to Slack
- Users can still access to Microsoft Office while using voice and video sharing.
- Support Microsoft Bot Framework
Skype is an application that provides real time video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Video conferencing one on one or group meeting via internet
Collaboration Tool for Project management
Trello, an application suitable for project management as the users can keep track of work progress from high level point of view to the minute details.
- Trello’sboards, lists, and cards enable users to organize and prioritize their project effectively.
Infolio is a clean and simple task management tool that allows you and you team to take control of the tasks on hand with kanban boards to track progress visually.
- Manage all projects and teams in one place by laying out the business model, setting up team tasks, collaborate and track projects visually
- Dedicated chat for every project; enable project communication to be done in the right place and delivery to be tracked in real time
Monday.com is a platform that enables organizations to build customised workflow apps with scrum board that automatically assist users add in columns order to indicate which task is needed to complete the workflow.
- Have features that can design content plan in social media such as using #Hashtag to track work in progress or Urgent Attention to inform the team about arising issues or urgent updates.
Collaboration Tool Storage and file sharing
Google Drive is the file storage and synchronization service that allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize across different devices, and share files.
- Provide free cloud storage of 15 GB where users can store, share, and collaborate on files and folders from any mobile device, tablet, or computer. This also compatible with Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides and others.
Microsoft OneDrive is a free file hosting service and synchronization service operated by Microsoft
- Provide free cloud storage of 7 GB where users can store by using internet access.
WeTransfer is a website to store and share files up to 2GB for free around the world. The uploaded file be kept in the system for 2 weeks.
- Unlimited attached file, 2GB per file. The platform will scan files for viruses before files are uploaded and users can share this file up to 20 email accounts
Collaboration Tool Automation
Zapier is a global remote company that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use such as Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox etc. to automate repetitive tasks.
- Zapier functions well with Dropbox where users can connect files and documents in one place to avoid the repetitive task of copy and pasting the file over different platforms.
IFTTT works as an intermediary app that helps connect all of users’ apps and devices together and do specific tasks based on the conditional statement
- IFTTT is flexible application where users can build their own conditional statement, meanwhile they can turn on Applets to connect the apps and devices for a specific function.
Microsoft Flow is a cloud-based system that allows users to create automated workflows, simplify business processes, and manage them effectively.
- No need other Software Tool to build up the flow. At the same time, it enables everyone to build secure workflows with a no-code guided experience.
Here is the list of the collaboration tools that can elevate your Work From Home experience!