Terms and Conditions Governing The FinLab’s Sustainability Assessment Tool Workshop Giveaway (the “Terms and Conditions”)
1. The Sustainability Assessment Tool Workshop Giveaway (the “Campaign”) will commence on Friday, 26 Nov 2021 at 10AM and conclude on Friday, 24 Dec 2021 at 11:59PM (GMT+8) (the “Campaign Period”) within Singapore only.
2. To be eligible to participate in the Campaign, each participant (the “Participant”) must:
(a) Attend The FinLab’s Sustainability Assessment Tool Workshop on 26 November 2021; and
(b) Complete The Sustainability Assessment Tool (https://bit.ly/CS-tFM_TFL).
The completion of (a) and (b) above shall be “Mandatory Entries” to the Campaign.
3. The FinLab has the absolute discretion at any time and from time to time to determine the eligibility of any Participant to take part in the Campaign and shall not be obliged to give any reason thereof. Without limiting the generality of this provision, Participants:
(a) who are a staff/employee or a director of The FinLab during the Campaign Period, and their respective immediate family members;
(b) who are employees and staff of The FinLab’s partners, the auditors, advertising agencies, promotion agencies and/or other persons involved (directly or indirectly) in organizing, promoting and/or conducting the Campaign or who have an interest in the Campaign, and their respective immediate family members;
(c) who are or become mentally incapacitated, deceased, insolvent or who face legal incapacity; or
(d) who face legal proceedings of any nature or any threat of legal proceedings of any nature instituted against them;
shall not be eligible to participate in the Campaign and shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation whatsoever, even if he or she has been selected to be the winners of the Campaign.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, The FinLab shall not be responsible or liable:
(a) for any Entry that fails to reach The FinLab for any reason whatsoever or for any failure, technical error or delay in the transmission of the Entry to The FinLab for any reason whatsoever before the expiry of the Contest Period;
(b) for any failed, incomplete, distorted, undelivered, late, damaged, illegible or lost Entries; or
(c) for any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment or network connection or internet connection,
which may result in the Participant being omitted from taking part in the Campaign or for any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with the Campaign. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
5. Each Participant can submit only one (1) Entry. The FinLab shall have the right to disqualify any Participant from the Campaign if:
(a) he/she is found to have submitted an inaccurate or incomplete Entry and/or inaccurate personal particulars;
(b) The FinLab subsequently finds out that any Participant had submitted more than one (1) Entry using a different name or email address or contact details or any other methods to increase his/her chances of receiving;
(c) the Participant is found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and/or
(d) an Entry is deemed to be unfit for participation in the Campaign for any reason whatsoever.
6. (a) Eligible participants shall be chosen and decided by The FinLab at its absolute discretion by Friday, 24 December 2021 (or by such other date as The FinLab may determine at its absolute discretion).
(b) Grab vouchers worth SGD15 (the “Prize”) will be given away to each eligible participant.
(c) All Entries are subject to review and approval by The FinLab at its absolute discretion. The FinLab’s decision on and method of selecting the eligible participants shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding and The FinLab shall not be liable for payment or compensation to any party resulting from The FinLab’s choice any Participant not being eligible to receive the Prize offered under the Campaign. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
(d) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, The FinLab reserves the right to select other eligible participants to substitute any participant who is subsequently found to be ineligible or disqualified or where the participant is unable to furnish any satisfactory proof that he/she is indeed the same person as the individual who is qualified for the giveaway (for example, by showing all documentary evidence of proof of name and identification number, etc.). The FinLab’s determination of the eligible participants shall be final, conclusive and binding. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
7. Eligible participants will be contacted via email, and they are required to respond with their full name, contact number, and the email address used to sign-up on The FinLab Online (https://thefinlab.com/tfo-signup/#login-cont) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 24 Dec 2021. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. Details of the Prize collection will be sent to the eligible participants after contact is made with The FinLab via email during the stipulated time.
8. Participation in the Campaign is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Participants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when they participate in the Campaign. The Participant shall indemnify The FinLab for any claims, expenses, actions, losses or damages or costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) made against or incurred or sustained by The FinLab in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or a submitted Entry.
9. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credits or otherwise in full or in part, or refundable. The FinLab shall not be responsible for any consequences including, but not limited to, loss of life, injury to person and/or damage to property arising from or in connection with the Campaign and/or the redemption or use of the Prize. The FinLab assumes no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any defects, quality, merchantability, the fitness or any other aspect of the Prize or goods or services offered in the Campaign or the acts or defaults of the merchant, agent, supplier or service provider of the Prize or defects or deficiency in the Prize or goods or services offered in the Campaign. The FinLab is not an agent of the merchants, agents, suppliers or service providers. Any disputes about quality or service standards with the Prize must be resolved directly with the merchants, agents, suppliers or service providers. The merchant, agent, supplier or service provider may impose conditions for the use of the Prizes or the goods or services.
10. The FinLab may, at any time and from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or assuming any liability or payment of compensation to any person, substitute, replace or change the Prize stipulated herein, with another prize of similar value (whether in cash or otherwise). The FinLab’s determination of the substituted prize shall be final, conclusive and binding. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained.
11. The decisions of The FinLab on all matters relating to or in connection with the Campaign, including, but not limited to, the eligibility of any Participant, to determine who the Participants are, and whether to terminate the Campaign are at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties. The FinLab shall not be obliged to give any reason or enter into any correspondence with any persons on any matter concerning the Campaign and no appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained.
12. By participating in the Campaign, every Participant expressly and irrevocably:
(a) permits, consents and authorises The FinLab to disclose, reveal and divulge their names, last 4 characters of their NRIC or passport numbers, pictures and such other information that may indicate his/her account with The FinLab to any party for the purpose of organizing, promoting, advertising, publicizing, sponsoring and/or conducting the Contest and consents to receive promotional, marketing and other publicity information from The FinLab from time to time;
(b) agrees that the information which they are providing will be provided to The FinLab;
(c) agrees to co-operate and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity and/or commercial activities organized by The FinLab in relation to the Campaign; consents and authorizes The FinLab to use and disclose any data provided by the Participants for any future marketing effort by the The FinLab; and
(d) acknowledges and agrees that submitting Entries constitutes such Participants’ consent to give The FinLab a worldwide royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, create derivative works from and display such Entries in whole or in part, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, including for promotional or marketing purposes. The Participants shall, if requested by The FinLab, sign documentation that may be required for The FinLab or its nominees to make use of and to assign to The FinLab to assign to The FinLab or its nominees the non-exclusive rights that the participants are granting to use the Entries, whether in whole or in part,
without any payment or compensation thereof and in such mode and manner as shall be decided by The FinLab at its absolute discretion. The Participants hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree to and shall, if required by The FinLab at their absolute discretion, attend any prize presentation and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Campaign at his/her own costs.
13. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, The FinLab reserves the right at any time and from time to time in its absolute discretion to terminate the Campaign or to determine and/or amend, by addition to, subtraction from or variation of, these Terms and Conditions without prior notice or assigning any reason or assuming any liability to any party and all Participants shall be bound by these amendments.
14. While all information provided herein is believed to be correct and reliable at the time of publishing or posting online, The FinLab makes no representation or warranty whether express or implied, and accepts no responsibility or reliability for its completeness or accuracy. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
15. A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any term of such agreement.
16. These Terms and Conditions and the Contest shall be governed by the laws of Singapore, and all Participants shall be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
17. Except where the context otherwise requires, words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
Updated as of 26 November 2021