Unbelievable Facts from our GreenTechs
As much as I love learning about new things, a few months ago I would not have imagined writing these following new facts that I have learned in the past few months:
- Scope 2 of the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol covers indirect emissions from the generation of purchased electricity, steam, heating and cooling consumed by the reporting company.
- Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) is a proof of the production of one megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity generated from a renewable energy resource.
- The future of the transportation of temperature-sensitive items like vaccines lie in deep-tech materials, including special aerogels that contain insulation technology.
If you think that the statements above are too complex for you to understand, do not worry… Let me share a few more simpler facts that I have also learned in the past few weeks.
- You can actually build a solar panel on your roof and earn money from it… Imagine harnessing the sun’s rays to earn yourself some extra income.
2. A hotel in Singapore installed energy-monitoring devices and saved a 6-digit sum in 9months…without any major changes to their hardware.
3. You could potentially harvest twice the amount of shrimp from the same-sized pond…with the right kind of green farm management system.
This last set of statements are not random facts from Google – they are actually true because of the work and innovation driven by some of the greentechs in our Greentech Accelerator programme … Innovation and work that has led to real and sustainable Impact.
And we have just scratched the surface to what can be learned and explored, and the level of impact that can be realised!
If you would like to learn more about sustainability and the different green solutions out there, do join our upcoming Deep Dive sessions (more details below), where your minds can be opened to even more unbelievable facts about the green transition.
Till next time,
Not to be missed!
Deep Dive into Future of Waste and Supply Chain
Date: 29 September 2022, Thursday
Time: 10am to 12:30pm
Venue: One Raffles Place Tower 2, Basement 1, Cavenagh Room, S(048616)
As part of moving towards a zero-waste circular economy, it is important to know what we can do and the solutions we can tap on to help us to be more sustainable.
Digital Spotlight Series #5 - Start Digital
Date: 23 September 2022, Friday
Time: 1:30pm to 2:30pm
Venue: Virtual on Zoom
Join us in September’s Digital Spotlight session, where you will dive into mastering Digital Solutions! Learn about various digital tools and strategies you can implement in your business.
Hear from Gordon Ng, CEO of cloud-based HR software company, Talenox and Yuet Whey Siah, the CEO of advertising and marketing platform, SKALE. They will be sharing how digital marketing and HR technology have propelled businesses to become more efficient and innovative.
Digitalise your Business with Accounting and HR Automation Today!
Accounting and human resource are crucial functions that can drive organisationalgrowth. Leverage technology to streamline your daily transactions and use data tooptimize business decision making.